Friday, November 2, 2007

Tip of the Hat...

To Gillian Swartz, of the Current, for a very insightful and amusing survey of Candidate signs. Personally, I'd agree that the sign wars are pretty silly- this is the first year I've done them, and I made sure that mine were made of recyclable materials (not just usable in another campaign); but everybody knows signs don't vote. At least I've discovered that in the Mayoral race and in Ward 4 by going door to door.

And not to nitpick about the Current article, but given Gillian's accurate observation of my verbosity ("I'm a man with a vocabulary, and I'm not afraid to use it!" to paraphrase Donkey from Shrek), I think that when she suggested there was no transparency to my signs, what you see is what you read, she probably meant opacity. Nothing up my sleeve. No hidden agendas.

Anyway, thanks, Gillian.

No comments: